Thursday, February 09, 2006

No cure for heartache !

Source : The Times of India dated 8th Feb 2006.

During our school days, we were always competing with each other for the highest marks in maths. We always tried to outdo the other. Our fairytale began when we were waiting for our Madhyamik exam results. I managed to get her phone number once and called her up for some academic purpose. From then we became friends. We used to exchange views on different topics. We even went to the same coaching centres. She had an affair with a guy whom I knew and I was sure that he was the right person for her. When our Madhyamik results were declared, I scored better marks than her. She was happy for me. Her boyfriend didn’t do well in his exams because he spent all his time dressing up. Her own performance was not good either, and she cried all day long. I tried my best to console her. From that day onwards, we became very close to each other. I was moved by her charming beauty. Everything was fine till the day she came up and told me to forget her because she could not leave the other guy. I was hurt, but my heart told me to be by her side. Three months later, they split. From then on we never looked back. I felt God has given me the greatest gift of my life. I could not live a single moment without her. I tried my best to make her happy. We were deeply attached to one another. I often dreamed of our future together. Once her mother saw us cozying up to each other. She was very angry and said that she would allow us to continue our relationship only if I became a doctor. In the mean time she’d not performed well in the class XII test examination. Things started going wrong from there. But I never gave up hope and sacrificed a lot for her betterment. She scored really good marks during her HS exams. She owed her all success to me. Now she is a student of a reputed private engineering college. I’m a third year MBBS student. On November 2004, she dumped me. The person who used to wipe my tears became the cause of my tears. She refused to continue our relationship. At present she is having an affair with her batchmate who gives her valuable gifts. Now I’m cruelly alone and have lost all my faith in girls.

She often tells our common friends that she regrets dumping me but I did not try to get back to her. What’s the point? She will hurt me again. I’m trying to forget her, but can’t suppress my tears when I see her and her boyfriend holding hands.

MM

------------------------------------------------
At the end, I'd like to add that some of these heartless and sentimentless girls not only are unknowleagble about love but also does not know whow to respect the others sentimentsts. But most unfortunately, in todays generation, most of the people have lost their sentiments to give way for cold professionalism. And at the end of the day, they will see, that they have nothing to lose -- as they havent gained anything from life, anyway. I reaally feel sorry for this bunch of fools.

No comments: